Saturday 8 November 2008

Speak & write: Holidays

Se te proponen unas tareas que puedes usar para practicar el tema de las vacaciones. Dependiendo de tu nivel, usarías un menor o mayor número de estructuras, vocabulario sencillo o más complejo, etc.

*** Speaking practice:
Prepare the following tasks:

* MONOLOGUE: "My ideal holiday"

* ROLE PLAY 1: At the travel agent's

Student A:
You are angry because the holiday you booked at the travel agent's turned out to be a disaster. Complain at the travel agent's. You want a refund (to receive your money back) or some compensation.

Student B:
You work at the travel agent's. The policy of the company is not to give any money back. If you do so, you may lose your job. An angry customer appears and starts talking to you.

* ROLE PLAY 2: Where did you go last summer?

Student A:
Ask questions to your partner about his holidays last summer.

Student B:
Answer your partner's questions about your holidays last summer.

*** Writing:
Write a composition about this topic: "My most memorable holidays"

*** Song: Fly me to the moon (Westlife)
Watch and listen to this video clip and fill in the gaps to complete the 10 words whose first letter is given:



Fly me to the moon
Let me p______ among the s______
Let me see what s_______ is like
On Jupiter and M_____

In other words, h____ my hand
In other words, baby kiss me

Fill my h______ with song
And let me s______ for ever m______
You are all I long for
All I w________ and adore

In other words, please be t_____
In other words, I love you


SOLUTION:

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me

Fill my heart with song
And let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you


NOTE: "worship"(in this context):to have a feeling of profound love and admiration for somebody

No comments: