Now, why not doing this activity so as to practise how to ask and answer questions about films?:
Traditional rhyme for the 5th of November:
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd (or by God's mercy*)
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the Queen!
**** Watch this interview to the main actor, Hugo Weaving. Then, fill in the gaps in the given sentences and answer the last three questions in your own words:
From youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovk4H3_-DUs
1. I think you did a __________ job, you really moved me.
2. I read the _________ and I loved it.
3. Okay, they want me to go over, they must think it's going to ________ out.
4. I wanna know how much your theatrical ______________ helped you with this role.
5. But essentially, as an actor, you are working on the same _________
6. The _____________ really doesn't unmask himself
7. The ideas are more __________ than the man, more important than the individual.
8. She's very, very _____________ I found, I think everyone.
9. She's ___________, really. She´s very intelligent, and I found her very warm.
10. She's extremely ___________ to work with.
11. I hate __________ personally. I'm not interested in them because they're impossible.
12. We need to understand why people do things _________ than just saying, "They are terrorists"
13. ... that government should be ______________ to the people they represent.
Now answer these questions:
14. Did he play the action scenes or were they played by a stunt?
15. Do the actor and the character have the same opinion about buildings and architecture? Give your reasons.
16. According to the actor, what is the main idea in this film?
Key: 1. magnificent 2.script 3.work 4.background 5.base 6.character 7.important 8. easygoing 9.delightful 10.easy 11.heroes 12.rather 13. responsive 14. A stunt does. 15. The actor respects buildings and architecture. The character in the film sees that concrete building as a symbol of the tirany that has destroyed democracy. 16. The central idea of this film is that people shouldn't live in fear, that we shouldn't live in fear. There's a lot of fear in the world today. This is why probably people respond to that element in the film.
**** You can watch the trailer in case you missed the movie: